Well hello, stranger! I’m here today to offer no apologies for the decreased number of posts on this site and instead I to share some JL news before we get to the mostly regular weekly vegan news.
I went nuts over the goats.
Here’s Arya, in all her glory.
Second, I have a new kitchen toy, and I’m obsessed.
I bought an air fryer. What is the wizardry?
Mongolian soy curls.
Simple air fryer tofu.
Air fryer Paprika Potato Hash.
Air fryer Buffalo soy curls.
Air fryer Brussels sprouts.
Well, I promise to share some recipes over the next week but in addition to being busy air frying (a fast-cooking healthier approach to fried, grilled and roasted vegan eats), I launched a Facebook group – Vegan Air Frying Enthusiasts – with my pal Michelle Donner. If you have an air fryer – or are air frying-curious, join us! (And don’t forget about my other Facebook group – Real World Vegan Meals – that I co-administer with Michael Suchman!)
Third, I will soon be announcing a new book project – a collaboration with a dear friend, mentor, and colleague – that is going to make vegan cooking and living so much easier (and delicious!) for you. But for now, I’m quietly (and now not so quietly) working on it.
Fourth, I’m trying to get better about communicating with the folks on my newsletter distribution list. This month I wrote a summer-themed newsletter: July Meal Ideas: A Cole Slaw Dog, Pressure Cooked Taco Crumbles, and Grilled Pizza! You can sign up for my newsletter here.
Fifth, my radio show is rockin’ and rollin’ and keeping me busy. I worked really hard to transfer the first 46 episodes of the show to a new account to allow me to share the show on popular podcast platforms for your listening ease and pleasure. Easy Vegan with JL Fields radio show archives can now be heard and downloaded on:
Of course, you can still listen to original shows on KCMJ 93.9 FM in Colorado Springs, CO Mondays @ 12 p.m. MST (streams simultaneously on KCMJ.org and KCMJ on Tune In) and the original show airs the following week on WADR 103.5 FM in Janesville, WI Tuesdays @ 10 a.m. CST.
Tomorrow my guest is the one and only Joni Marie Newman!
So, that’s my news.
Now, how about the week’s vegan news?
Vegan news you can use (7/10/16)
- Meat is horrible – The Washington Post
- Vegetarian and vegan trend soars as consumers reduce meat intake
- New film ‘SWINE’ exposes the secret life of factory farms and the rise in antibiotic resistance in farmed animals.
- Thai animal cruelty campaign wins top honors at Cannes
- Chef Brags About Feeding Meat to Unwitting Vegans, Gets Fired
- Dublin opens first ‘vegan butcher’ restaurant
- How Vegan Burritos Are Stopping Hunger in LA’s Homeless Communities
- A Plant-Based Diet May Help Relieve Migraine Pain
- Taste of Chicago: A non-meateater’s guide to carnivore nirvana
- Tantalize your taste buds with vegan queso
- 5 Things I Learned While Living on an Island with Pigs and Chickens
- Kat Von D is Reformulating Her Entire Line To Be Vegan
If you’re hungry…
- Fresh Sweet Corn Salsa
- Almond-Crusted Cauliflower Bites with Avocado Ranch Dip
- Vegan Feta
- Instant Pot Indian Potato Salad
- Tempeh Fajita Salad
- Berry Clafoutis
- Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Banana Cream Pie
- 3-Ingredient Mango Coconut Popsicles
Subscribe to the Real World Vegan Meals newsletter and receive a FREE 1-week meal plan!