Good morning from St. Catharines, Ontario! I’ll be doing a pressure cooking demonstration at 1:30 p.m. at the Niagara VegFest today. I’m about to make a big batch of Umami Anasazi Beans before heading over, so I need to get to it. Here’s the news…
Vegan news you can use (6/7/15)
- Vegan preschoolers? Some parents say it’s a better way to raise their kids
- Meat and Dairy Eaters Anonymous Is Alcoholics Anonymous For Vegans
- Reducing Neuropathic Pain with a Vegan Diet
- NBC Seeking Vegan Singles For New Dating Show
- ‘Tofurky’ Dog Eating Contest Held At Philly VegFest
- Visit VegFest: Turkey’s first-ever vegan festival
- Vegan ramen and pho stall headed for Grand Central Market (Los Angeles, CA)
- Vegan snack stand opens downtown (Battle Creek, MI)
- Quebec tables landmark animal rights bill
- Here’s what happened when humans tried to live like chickens
- Exposing Cruelty in Nursing Homes, Factory Farms, Daycares Now a Crime in North Carolina
- Hell for leather: why vegan fashion could be the next big thing
- Vegan Shoes And Bags: The Non-Leather Brands You’ll Actually Want to Wear
If you’re hungry…
- Lemon quinoa poppers with basil spinach pesto & zucchini noodles
- Adzuki Bean Noodles with Bok Choy, Edamame, and Miso Sesame Sauce
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Jello Shots
- Chef Brad’s Exquisite Mac and Cheese Recipe (A Vida Vegan Con favorite!)
The week on Instagram
Follow me on Instagram!
Recently on the blog
The June 8 meal plans are ready to roll via email!
This week we decided to give you lots of salads to get you ready for the summer, whether for your own cool and refreshing dining pleasure or to take to cookouts!
- You’ll be making Spring Lentils in bulk + Vegan Sausage Hash, Cherry Pecan Oatmeal, Vegan Potato Salad, Chickpea Salad Sandwiches, Heart of Palm Salad Rolls, Grilled Corn Salad, and Spring Lentil Salad.
- Meal ideas include quick smoothies, deli slice roll-ups, tofu scramble, avocado toast quick spicy beans, baked tomatoes, prepared soup, hippie bowl, warm vegetable salad with nut butter sauce, baked potato and split pea soup, and a salad buffet.
- Tips for using avocados and roasting garlic.
- You’ll also receive a shopping list, access to JL’s monthly video message (this month:strategies to avoid being the “pain in the @#*%” vegan when hanging out with friends), and Dave’s monthly fitness tips!
Order your weekly (or monthly) Real World Vegan Meal Plan here or subscribe to the weekly newsletter and receive a FREE 3-day meal plan!