You’ve probably figured out by now that I will try to make just about anything in the air fryer.
Like this Quick Air Fryer Apple Pie.
Quick Air Fryer Apple Pie
I used 5-inch oven-safe "individual" pie plates. Any oven-safe pan or dish will do, just make sure it fits in your air fryer basket with a little room on all sides.
- 3 apples peeled, cored and then diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt a pinch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Sugar for dusting
- 1 9-inch prepared vegan piecrust dough
Combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, salt and flour in a bowl. Set aside.
Divide pie crust in half. Set aside one half.
Preheat the air fryer on 400°F for 5 minutes.
Divide the half pie crust in two pieces. Roll out one half into a round. Mold it on the bottom of a 5-inch pie pan/dish, pushing up to halfway along the side. Scoop 1/3 of the apple mixture into the dough. Roll the other half of the dough into a round and place over the apples, pinch the dough down to meet the lower half of the dough along the side. Cut steam vents on the top. Brush with water and sprinkle with sugar.
If you have a second 5-inch pie pan/dish, repeat.
Place one pie pan* in the preheated air fryer. Cook on 400°F for 4 minutes.
Decrease heat to 330°F and cook for 20 minutes longer in the airfryer.
- *Depending upon the size of air fryer, and if you have a rack accessory, you may be able to cook two small pies at once.
- If making two 5-inch pies, you’ll have about 1/3 of the apple mixture leftover. Freeze it. Later you can thaw it, mix it with 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats, and cook on 350°F for 12 minutes in a ramekin or small cast iron crock.