Some of you, my dear readers, have told me that you’ve asked for a pressure cooker for Christmas. I’m so excited for you! I have over 40 pressure cooker recipes, just for you!
(New to this blog? Read this FAQ to understand my pressure-cooker adoration: What’s up with the rice and pressure cooker obsession?)
If you want to start slow, try this really quick soup that I made in my pressure cooker last week – there’s a good chance you have most of the ingredients on hand!
Tofu, Chickpea, Artichoke and Potato Soup
by JL Fields @ JL goes Vegan
VIEW AND PRINT RECIPE
- 1 large potato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- Half block of extra-firm tofu, pressed drained and diced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Vegetable broth (enough to cover everything in the pressure cooker)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Capers, for garnish
- Iodized sea salt, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the pressure cooker and lock the lid in place.
- Bring to pressure and cook at pressure for 6 minutes.
- Use a quick release.
- Serve over greens and garnish with capers.
YIELD: SERVES 3 – 4
Did you get a pressure cooker this holiday season? What are you going to make first?