Vegan Pressure Cooking has been revised and expanded!
In the 2018 edition of Vegan Pressure Cooking, Revised and Expanded: More than 100 Delicious Grain, Bean, and One-Pot Recipes Using a Traditional or Electric Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot® you will find 20 new recipes and more detail on cooking with electric multicookers. All of the recipes work great in a stovetop pressure cooker, electric pressure cookers, the Instant Pot and other multicookers like GoWISE USA, Fagor, etc. Get your copy here!
Be sure to check out my speaking calendar to see if I’ll be in your community on the book tour!
Thank you to my 2018 book tour sponsors:
The 2015 Vegan Pressuring Cooking book tour was a blast! THANK YOU!
- January 10: Scottsdale, AZ, Arizona Vegetarian Food Festival
- January 17: Colorado Springs, CO BOOK RELEASE PARTY!
- February 1: Denver, CO, Vegan Pressure Cooking 101 & Lunch (benefitting Vegans Eat What?)
- February 6: Billings, MT, Cooking Demo + Book Event at Natural Grocers
- February 7: Livingston, MT, Cooking Demo Class Elk River Books/ Wheatgrass Saloon
- February 8: Livingston, MT, Live and Let Livingston Potluck
- February 9: Bozeman, MT, Country Bookshelf
- February 9: Bozeman, MT, Bozeman Library
- February 10: Helena, MT, MT Book Company book signing
- February 10: Helena, MT, Cooking Demo + Book Event at Natural Grocers
- February 12: Missoula, MT, Cooking Demo + Book Event at Natural Grocers
- February 12: Missoula, MT, Missoula Vegans Potluck
- February 14: Spokane WA, Auntie’s Bookstore
- February 14: Spokane, WA, Barnes and Noble
- February 15: Spokane, WA, INVEG Potluck
- February 28: Cincinnati, OH, Cooking Demo Class, Park + Vine
- March 1: Columbus, OH, Cooking Demo Class
- March 7: Portland, OR, Herbivore Clothing Co.
- March 8: Vancouver, WA, Chuck’s Produce Mill Plain Cooking Demo Class
- March 14: New York City, NY, NYC Vegetarian Food Festival
- March 15: New Rochelle, NY, Cooking Demo Class, Recologie
- March 16: Salt Lake City, UT, Cooking Demo Class, Sage’s Cafe
- March 18: Colorado Springs, CO, Cooking Demo, Whole Foods (N. Academy)
- March 28: Merritt Island, FL, Cooking Demo Class
- April 8: St. Paul, MN, Subtext Bookstore book signing
- April 12: New York City, NY, Cooking demo at Williams-Sonoma – Columbus Circle, 2 – 4 pm
- April 13: New York City, NY, Book signing and recipe sampling (Soy Curl Mac ‘n Cheese!) at MooShoes (6 – 7 pm)
- April 15: Cooking Demo Class Havre de Grace, MD
- April 20: Long Beach, CA, Cooking Demo Class @ Lazy Acres Market
- April 29, Colorado Springs, Cooking Demo Class @ CHEF’s
- May 2: Denver, CO, Vegan Pressure Cooking recipe samples and talk, Ross-University Hills Public Library, 3pm
- May 9 and 10: New Orleans, NOLA Veggie Fest
- May 27: Dallas, TX, Vegan Networking, Pop-Up Market & Cooking Class
- June 7: St. Catharine’s, ON, Niagara Veg Fest
- June 17: Fort Collins, CO, at Old Town Distilling Co.
- June 21: Golden, CO, VegFest Colorado
- August 19: Monument, CO, Natural Grocers
- September 26: Tulsa, OK Vegan Pressure Cooking 101 at Martin Regional Library
- November 1: Costa Mesa, CA SoCal Veg Fest
- November 7: Atlanta, GA, Atlanta Veg Fest
- November 15: Oakland, CA, Holiday Vegan Pressure Cooking Demo (Location / RSVP via email)
- November 18: Colorado Springs, CO, Quick and Easy Holiday Meals
- December 10: Colorado Springs, CO, Umami pressure cooker recipes and vegan wine at the Gallery of Contemporary Art
Vegan Pressure Cooking endorsements:
“If you’re looking to reduce your time in the kitchen without sacrificing the goodness of home-cooked meals made from wholesome ingredients, Vegan Pressure Cooking is for you. In this easy-to-follow cookbook, JL guides us through the basics of pressure cooking and shares recipes for classic and creative meals that focus on nature’s healthiest foods. With a great book like this one, the pressure cooker may soon overtake your microwave’s place as the quick meal-maker appliance in your house!”
– Neal Barnard, M.D., Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
“Making vegan meals fun, accessible and delicious—that’s what JL does best. And in this book, she completely demystifies the pressure cooker, which means you can have healthy plant-based meals in—literally—minutes. Vegan Pressure Cooking is a must-have cookbook for any busy, health-conscious cook, whether you are already vegan or are taking steps toward more plant-based meals.”
– Virginia Messina, MPH, RD, co-author of Vegan for Life, Vegan for Her, and Never Too Late to Go Vegan
“Whether your pressure cooker is one of your favorite appliances, or you’re only just thinking of buying one, this beautiful and informative book is for you. Filled with delicious, easy-to-make recipes and wholesome ingredients, Vegan Pressure Cooking truly deserves a place on your bookshelf.”
– Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, bestselling author of seven books, including The 30-Day Vegan Challenge and The Joy of Vegan Baking
“Finally, a cookbook that makes it fun to cook under pressure! In Vegan Pressure Cooking, JL expertly guides us into the world of pressure cooking, combining practical instruction with inventive recipes. JL’s enthusiasm for easy, delicious, compassionate food will help you prepare vegan staples with ease… and also impress guests when the pressure’s on!”
– Dreena Burton, author of Let Them Eat Vegan, eat, drink & be vegan, and more
“If you’re looking to save time while also crafting food that is healthy, flavorful, and creative, look no further than this essential resource. With Vegan Pressure Cooking, JL Fields has crafted that rarest of things: a cookbook that is beautiful and practical at once. The recipes are highly accessible and easy to prepare, and you’ll be immediately drawn in by her personable voice and culinary savvy.”
– Gena Hamshaw, C.C.N., author of Choosing Raw
“A collection of thrillingly easy-to-make, yet scrumptious, recipes that get you to be best buddies with a pressure cooker. JL takes the fear out of cooking under pressure and puts fun and finesse into humble beans, grains, and veggies, turning them into everything from delectable one-pot dishes to desserts.”
–Miyoko Schinner, author of Artisan Vegan Cheese, and others (www.artisanveganlife.com)
“In this beautiful and accessible book, the irrepressible JL Fields reinvents ‘fast’ food healthfully, deliciously, and passionately. And she proves beyond a doubt that this is not your grandma’s pressure cooking.”
–Victoria Moran, author of Main Street Vegan and director of Main Street Vegan Academy (www.mainstreetvegan.net)
“Vegan Pressure Cooking is full of creative, kind, and delicious recipes that’ll inspire you to get back into the kitchen tonight!”
–Annie Shannon, co-author of Betty Goes Vegan”