One year ago Friday, Dave, Ernie, CK and I found ourselves in Colorado Springs after a four-day drive across country. It has been a magical year. Dave and I both launched our businesses, we bought a home, and we have made incredible new friends.
To celebrate, we had a We’re NOT Native party for our first anniversary in our new state.
Our approach to parties is this: low-maintenance, low-maintenance, low-maintenance. I want to enjoy my time with friends not spend too much time worrying. We served:
- The Vegan Vine wine
- Gluten-free pizzas and kale chips from Nourish Organic Juice
- Spinach dip, and crackers from Mountain Mama Natural Foods
- Tofurky sausage and Daiya cheese bites and onion dip (soup mix + Tofutti sour cream) and veggies from King Soopers
Yep, that’s how we roll. We had nearly thirty new friends help us celebrate our first year in Colorado and we are moved beyond words by the warm welcome and deep friendships we have formed in such a short amount of time!
Now, how about some news?
Vegan news you can use (12/1/13)
- 5 Reasons Leafy Greens Beat Milk for Bone Health
- The booming vegan industry
- Why I’m Eating My Words on Veganism – Again
- Going vegan, the five-star way
- New Bonbons for Vegans and Animal-Lovers
- 8 tips to help you stick to your vegetarian lifestyle
If you’re hungry:
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Sweet Potato and Tempeh Hash with Kale
- Boeuf(less) Bourguignon
- Curried Pumpkin Peanut Soup
- Healthy Pumpkin Fudge
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
Kitchen coaching in Colorado Springs
Personal coaching via Skype or phone anywhere!
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today.