It’s Sunday and that means I have some vegan news and links to share with you today! I also have some of my own news to share. Many of you have expressed an interest in how I have shifted my career to focus more on that for which I’m particularly passionate – helping people live a happy and compassionate (vegan!) life – so I wanted to tell you about a few developments:
- I am now the Plant-Based Team Leader for Attune Foods.
- This week I was named Education Coordinator at Nourish Organic Juice.
- This month I will begin providing plant-based education and support at The Center for Creative Leadership.
I am beyond excited about these new collaborations and partnerships! These opportunities arose, in part, because I dedicated time to continued learning – specifically becoming a vegan lifestyle coach and taking public cooking classes – and because of networking.
Last year, in response to your inquires about how to make a career shift such as this, I began writing about my professional transition. My first piece was on BlogHer.com: “How I Retired Before I Retired” then I started a “professionalize your passion” series on both BlogHer and here: “Professionalize Your Passion Series: Build a Budget.” The second in this series will focus on networking. I will discuss how networking led to most of the work that I am doing today (even my nonprofit and education consulting!) and I will answer your questions about networking. So, here’s your opportunity to ask: What are your questions about networking? Let me know in the comments.
August 11, 2013 Vegan News and Links
In the news, we’ll start with the obligatory lab-meat articles
- Meet ‘Schmeat’: Say Hello to the Stem-Cell Hamburger
- The Future of Food, Why Lab Grown Meat Is Not the Solution
- Lab-grown meat is here – but will vegetarians eat it?
- Lab-Grown Burger Fails Taste Test, But Gains PETA and Vegan Groups Support
- 21-Year Old Launches Vegan Cupcake Business in Fort Lauderdale
- Woodlands Vegan Bistro hits the road with mobile soul food
- The Green Radish, New Vegan Organic Food Truck, Coming to Montclair
- Linger’s small plates have room for vegetarian (and vegan) cuisine
- Glasgow Named Most Vegan-Friendly City
- Going Vegan: Innovative Beyond Meat opens doors to more meatless meal options
- 9 Tips for Eating Vegan in the Hospital
- 10 reasons to go meatless
- Bon Iver Shoes: ‘Skinny Love’ Singer Justin Vernon Designs Vegan Shoes For Charity, Promotes With Kitten Video
If you’re hungry…
- Easy, Homemade, DIY Fruit Leathers (How To + Recipe)
- Gingered Potatoes with Browned Onions and Tomatoes
- Fig and Kale Salad
- “Tastes like summer” cantaloupe and sage fruit salad
- Farmstand Corn Chowder
- Peach Oatmeal Bars
This week on the blogs + Vegan for Her
JL goes Vegan
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today.