I want to thank you for the overwhelming response to my new vegan Kitchen Coaching and Weekly Home Cooked Meals service in Colorado Springs. I am so excited to work with my new clients! Looking for a little help in the kitchen? Read more here!
I also want to thank you for understanding about my lack of news links last week. Sometimes a girl just needs to snowshoe. Today I am going to share links to news and blogs but, first, I have a question:
What do you want to know about professionalizing your passion?
Last year I made a decision to walk away from a good-paying job and a retirement plan to work my passion – to help people along their vegan journey which I know will lead to the reduction of violence against animals. A dream come true! I wrote about how I went about this and dubbed the transition How to Retire Before you Retire.
Many of you have reached out to me for career coaching to do the same thing; you want to re-imagine work and professionalize your passion. But I know more of you, my fellow vegan activists, want help making small steps toward changing the world for animals. So I thought I would write a few posts here on how I moved from full-time higher education fundraiser to part-time nonprofit and education consultant and part-time vegan cook, coach, educator, and writer. What do you want me to share here that will help you? Please leave your requests in the comments below, or email me.
And now, the news!
This week’s vegan links and news
- In honor of St. Patrick’s Day: No Guinness for vegans this St. Patrick’s Day: The Irish brewer’s longtime use of fish bladders to clarify its stout leaves a segment of drinkers out of the party. Try these: 5 Vegan Beers For A Truly Green St. Patrick’s Day. Or this: Healthy Vegan Shamrock Shake
- More vegan cheese? Yes, please! Chef Tal Ronnen launches new vegan cheese company
- I’m a wee bit obsessed with nail polish: Grab of the Week: nail polish that’s eco-conscious, vegan-friendly and stylish
- Vegan for life? Yep, it can be done! Read these inspiring stories: A Compilation of Long-Term Vegans; Our Powerful Message
- You can join Mercy for Animals for their Walmart Cruelty tour (Colorado readers check out the activities in Denver and Colorado Springs.)
If you’re hungry, try these recipes:
- Speedy Black Eyed Pea Salad
- Creamy Broccoli Salad with Garlic Crunch Topper
- Raisin Zucchini Ribbon Fusili
- Chickpea and Artichoke “Bliss in a Dish”: One-Pot Wonder (vegan and gluten-free)
- Orange and Rose Blossom Cake
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today.