Thank you for supporting my video blog posts in September! (You can subscribe to my YouTube channel and see all of them here.) I had a lot of fun making the videos and do plan to continue using video here.
Now let me tell you about October. Oh my goodness, it’s Vegetarian Awareness Month and there is so much good stuff going on!
As I think you know, I am now the Plant-Based Team Leader for Attune Foods. That means I get to represent Attune at some really great events. Last month I was in Portland for the Northwest VegFest and this month I’ll be in Oakland for the Plant-Powered Health & Fitness Expo and in Boston for the Vegetarian Food Festival (I’ll be doing a demo on Saturday at 2:15!).
Back in Colorado Springs (and ONLINE!) there’s even more going on!
- I’m teaching two cooking demonstration classes - October 2: Terrific Tofu and Tempeh (tomorrow night, register ASAP!) and October 23: Bulk Cooking Basics.
- I will be at the Colorado Springs Women’s Living Expo on October 12 and 13, doing a cooking demo presentation + book signing both days, and you can get $2 off admission by printing and presenting this coupon!
- I’m teaching my first online class October 15, 5:30 pm PST / 8:30 pm EST! Register for Healthy Food Preparation for the Busy Non-Cook now!
- The week of October 14th I am the Guest Chef for the Vegan Mainstream Cookbook Club! I’ll be sharing two recipes from Vegan for Her and I will participate in a Vegan Mainstream Google+ Hangout on Wednesday, October 16 at 5:30 pm PST / 8:30 pm EST (more details will be posted here).
- The Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group Meetup has TONS going on, including Matt Frazier’s No Meat Athlete book tour event on October 17 (and join Matt as he climbs The Incline on October 18!) and a public viewing of Speciesism: The Movie (both of these events are sponsored by Go Vegan with JL and Vegan Life Colorado, with additional support from VegFund). Check out the entire October Meetup schedule here.
Are you doing anything fun for Vegetarian Awareness Month?