What? A weekly recap on Saturday? Sorry to throw you off but I –quite literally — am baking up something special for you to share tomorrow. Today, how about some vegan news you can use?
On CNN Health: Young vegetarians: Getting the nutrition they need
The number of vegetarians in the United States is expected to increase over the next decade…
In The New York Times: A Dinner Party That’s Warm, Welcoming and Meatless
Surprisingly, the longer I have done without the cheese and cream, the less I’ve missed them — and the more creative and interesting those meals have become.
Yeah, we knew that!
In The Wall Street Journal: Is That Cupcake Vegan or Just Butter- and Egg-Free? where vegan bakers shun the word “vegan”.
In The Los Angeles Times: Restaurants are super-sizing their nutritional disclosures offers a scary tidbit: restaurants season vegetables with beef? What?
Finally, don’t miss today’s podcast from Our Hen House
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
–Dr. Seuss in The Lorax
ELSEWHERE THIS WEEK
- I wrote this piece, Compassion is Ageless, for Vida Vegan Con.
- BlogHer is celebrating vegetarian month and one of my past tofu posts was featured for Technique Thursday: How to Cook With Tofu.
I saved many recipes from my fellow Vegan MoFo bloggers
- Vegan “Chicken” Salad-Vegan from Czech Vegan (in America)
- Pressure Cooker Black-Eyed Stew from Vegan Fazool
- My Secret Sauce Revealed from Vegan Crunk
- VeganMoFo – Homemade Veggie Broth from Kohlrabi and Quince
- Easy Peasy Split Pea Kale Soup from In my Vegan Life
Here are my own Vegan MoFo posts this week
- Monday = Breakfast (Blissful Bites Pumpkin Spice Pancakes)
- Tuesday = Lunch (Blissful Bites Mock Tuna)
- Wednesday = Dinner (Blissful Bites Maple-Glazed Tempeh)
- Thursday = Dessert (Blissful Bites Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe and Cookbook Winner)
- Friday = A Recap of ThanksLiving Dinner at Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary (You can help save turkeys!)
I hope you had a wonderful week. I’ll see you tomorrow with two new recipes using two new products!