I had so much fun!
Vegan Thanksgiving Ideas
Here are the recipes I shared:
- Nutty Quinoa Salad (Lately I’ve been using a mix of dried cranberries and cherries and am loving it even more.)
- Garlic Almond Kale (I’ve been using lemon juice instead of Bragg’s – yum!)
- Mashed Potatoes
- White Bean Gravy (I used thyme, sage and cumin instead of cinnamon and ginger.)
I didn’t get to actually see the video but my husband live streamed it and said it went well; I’ll trust him. I do recall that a couple of my tips included:
- Focus on the spirit of the holiday and on family first. It’s not about the food.
- But, hey, it is also about the food, so just rethink the plate. Replace a piece of meat with a hearty, nutty quinoa salad and the white bean gravy on the potatoes gives you extra heartiness. Vegan turkey alternatives on the market are a great option, too; Tofurky, Field Roast and Gardein all make holiday roasts.
I made this same exact meal during my Vegan Holiday Dishes cooking class at my local Whole Foods this week – the students really enjoyed it (and they especially loved the gravy!). Because I use a pressure cooker for the mashed potatoes you could make every dish – and serve it as your holiday meal – in under 45 minutes. More time to focus on family, friends and fun!