What a week! Busy, busy, busy! I had a few meetings in Manhattan and I made a point to find some delicious vegan food to keep me going.
I had this tofu scramble at ‘sNice for breakfast.
And this crispy vegan burger from Loving Hut for lunch.
While I was working way too many hours and eating my way through NYC there were other vegan things happening that I found interesting…
This week’s vegan links and news
- Vegan Entrepreneurs compete for big-bucks prizes in Detroit. More about them: Restaurant In Detroit Sells Vegan Soul Food
- Vegan teens share tips and challenges (love this!)
- A couple goes vegan: Same Diet, Different Results? Here’s Why
- Check out “The Nanny”: Fran Drescher feels great after adopting vegan diet
- Columbus welcomes Vegan sausages (Don’t call them hotdogs)
I’m cuckoo for lip balm: A simple guide to vegan lip balms
From a college paper in Washington state: A beginner’s guide to vegan cooking
- Cute piece: Don’t Judge a Vegan by Their Oreos
- LOVE this! A chef in Evansville, Indiana was asked to prepare vegan food for a party of 40 and he rose to the challenge: No. 1 ingredient in vegan dishes: creativity
…it’s good for a chef to think outside the box, and there are more people who go vegetarian but still eat the butter and cheese, and you need to be prepared for them. I’ll experiment with even more vegan and vegetarian items and put some more appetizers and other options on the menu so when people look in the menu they know it’s available.
I just subscribed on my iPad! VegWorld Magazine Delivers the World’s First Interactive Digital Vegetarian Experience Check out the demo on VegWorldMag.com. The app is beautiful and I love the range of topics: Veg living, nutrition, family and lifestyle, recipes, spotlight on compassion, and more.
This week on Go Vegan with JL
I am inviting you to tell me more about your “going vegan” questions and challenges in this survey. Your input will have a direct result on the content I will continue to provide for free on the blog and newsletter, as well as in my coaching practice. I have received really excellent feedback already and have some great ideas for future blog posts! Oh! When you complete the survey you can opt to be entered to win a Go Vegan with JL apron!
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
THURSDAY: Anasazi Bean & Potato Chili
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today!
I’m on my way to the west coast for business so I have something very exciting for you this week! The Vegan 101 Series is back with two new posts: Tuesday you will learn some vegan slow cooking tips and Thursday it’s all about how to use seasoning to make your vegan meals even more delicious. If you don’t want to miss these two new Vegan 101 posts why not get them delivered directly to your inbox? Simply sign up for my email list!