This week’s Vegan Links and News
- Looking for a new response to the “where do you get your protein?” question? 25 Vegan Sources for Protein
- Do you think eating a plant-based diet is expensive? Here are 5 Ways to Save Some Bread on Vegan Food.
- In head-scratching news, a former vegan has turned omnivore — he now hunts his food — and has written a book called The Mindful Carnivore. I cannot count the ways this story makes me want to vomit.
- In the world of sports: the Vancouver Sun writes about hockey player Mike Zigomanis’ vegan diet; I learned that there is a vegan World Wrestling Entertainment champion and that his association with PETA may place him on a terrorist list (WTF?); and, for the non-professional athletes in the house, check out Fast Food For Vegetarian Runners On The Go.
- Finally, the article The demand for heritage grains explodes offers up some great information on grains — many of which you find in my recipes (millet, amaranth, barley, oh my!)
This week on the blogs
- MONDAY: FAQ #2: What’s up with the rice and pressure cooker obsession?
- WEDNESDAY: Health, weight and self-esteem
- THURSDAY: Zesty Asparagus & Broccoli
Stop Chasing Skinny
- This week’s community member post is from Lauren, who is Learning to Listen to her body.
- I shared my experience shopping for beachwear in Handle with Care.
I’m heading out for a run with two friends and then plan to spend the day cooking — and learning how to play chess. I hope you have a great Sunday!