Shall I start with the obvious? Jay-Z and Beyoncé are trying out a plant-based diet for 22 days. I don’t do a lot of celeb stuff here because I think we set people up to be heroes and then get angry when they don’t live up to what we wanted them to do for the vegan movement – whether they wanted to or not.
The only reason I’m bringing Jay-Z and B up here is because my friend Gena of Choosing Raw provided the recipes in the 22 days nutrition challenge! How freakin’ awesome is that? If you’re flirting with going vegan, or know someone who is thinking about going plant-based, check out Gene’s recipe on the 22-day blog!
And now the non-celeb news…
Vegan news you can use (12/8/13)
- 10 ways to help the animals this holiday season
- Gifts For Vegans: Eco-Friendly Choices Anyone Would Love
- A Vegetarian Holiday
- Vegging for the holidays
- A Vegan alternative to the traditional Christmas roast
- I want to avoid wearing leather. What are my fashion-forward options?
- Do we still need meat?
- Vegan Diet Lowers Risk for Chronic Disease
- 2 vegan eateries to move to larger Salt Lake (Utah) location
- Marshall’s (Texas) vegan fest scores top recognition
- HipCityVeg Owner to Open a Vegan Bar (Philadelphia, PA)
If you’re hungry:
- Sunny Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Mash
- Easy Chickpea Tomato Soup Recipe
- Parsnip Fries
- Chocolate Chestnut Mousse Tarts with Shortbread Crust
- Chocolate espresso chia and coconut pudding
- Mulled Apple Cider Slices
And if you’re thirsty:
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today.