It’s a brisk, wintry morning here in Colorado Springs and a perfect day for a drive to a fun holiday event at Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary! Yep, we’re going to Living at Thanksgiving, a fundraiser and opportunity for us to meet the critters for the first time!
Speaking of vegan holidays, I’m excited to tell you about a post I wrote for Attune Foods. Home for the Vegan Holidays offers a few basic vegan holiday survival tips for the new vegan. Better yet, I’m asking you to jump in with your survival tips. I would like the comments to become a crowdsourced resource for folks. I would love for you to hop on over, take a read, and then offer your tips! This post kicks off a really fun Pinterest Sweepstakes…
…that begins tomorrow! I talk about how to get the latest on the Sweepstakes in the post.
Before I move on to the news I wanted to let you know that my friend Kristina, who blogs at spabettie, has submitted a gorgeous photo to a contest…
…and you can vote for her beautiful vegan food photo here!
Vegan news you can use (11/24/13)
- Have a Vegan-Inspired Thanksgivukkah
- Going vegan? Here are 5 foods to help you get your protein
- Longevity, Anyone? Top 20 Reasons to Go Vegan During World Vegan Month
- VeggieFocus Launches Industry-Changing Veggie Food Website
- Vegans and masculinity: Plant-powered bodybuilder debunks myths
- It’s Beer-Thirty and Woody Harrelson Has a Vegan Brew For You
- Norway’s military wages war on global warming by going vegetarian
- Philadelphia Named Most Vegetarian-Friendly City for Sports Fans
If you’re hungry:
- Oregon-made soy curls and organic mushroom gravy
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad With Radicchio, Cranberry, and Pistachios
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Mushroom Gravy
- Pumpkin Pie (vegan, soy-free, gluten-free)
- Pumpkin Chia Pudding: It’s Like Instant Tapioca Pudding!
- Pumpkin Caramel Swirl Brownies
- Gluten-Free Vegan Thanksgiving
- Plant-Based Thanksgiving Recipe Collection
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today.