My Vegan MoFo theme this year is “Go Vegan with JL…In the kitchen!” in which I reply to your questions about cooking in your vegan kitchen. (I explain a bit more about my theme and plan for my October posts here.)
“I want fast, nutritious meals.”
I receive a wide range of questions and inquiries from readers and clients about how to make quick meals during the week. Since cooking quick meals is sort of my thing – meaning I am a lazy cook – I think you’ll find that a good number of my recipes are quick and easy. I also encourage bulk cooking.
But sometimes you don’t have time to bulk cook or you don’t want to pull out the pressure cooker for means in 30 minutes. Today’s tip: Use a food processor!
I have created some really fun things on they fly simply by using my food processor.
Not all of these recipes are quick (some are part of a longer process ranging from making seitan to dehydrating crackers) but here are several that help you get a meal, or dessert, on the table in no time:
- Quick Chickpea Salad Sandwich. This is a go-to lunch sandwich and it’s also great over a big bed of crunchy vegetables for dinner.
- “Ice Cream” for Breakfast (or dessert!)
- Curry Cashew Butter. PB & J is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- Hummus. Such a great option for meals! I will dip raw veggies in hummus for a meal, or spread humus on whole grain bread with sprouts for a fun sandwich. I also love humus wraps with baby spinach.
- Scrambled Tempeh “Eggs”. Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
- Tempeh Patties. I created this recipe a few months ago – this is the recipe that finally converted me over to a tempeh-liker. Today my recipe for Tempeh Patties is on Healthy Blender Recipes. My friend Tess, The Healthy Blender Girl, is featuring my recipe as part of a giveaway for a $400 Breville Food Processor! Be sure to enter!