It’s the last call for the Heart Healthy Pizza cookbook giveaway. I hope you enter for your chance to win a signed copy! I am glad that you are intrigued by the Curry Cashew Butter recipe I posted yesterday; I enjoyed the conversation and a general agreement that vegans do not have to be no- or low-fat.
Today I wanted to share a few items that came my way this week.
- Compassion Couture is having a summer sale.
- The FIRST EVER Twin Cities Veg Fest, Saturday, July 14, looks fantastic! The event will be held 10am to 5pm on the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota. Other summer events include:
- July 19 – 23: National Health Association: Healthy Living Conference, Hallandale Beach, FL
- August 2 – 5: Animal Rights 2012 National Conference, Washington, DC
- August 2 – 4: BlogHer ’12, New York, NY
- If you would like to attend a vegan event in the comfort of your own home, check out Veganpalooza, a free tele-summit which launched Wednesday and is running through Sunday.
- While you’re at home enjoying the tele-summit, Beat the Heat by Using Your Pressure Cooker says my friend Jill Nussinow, The Veggie Queen.
Finally, I thought I should report back on my JL-EGG experiments. Once upon a time I made an omelet with The Vegg. It was awesome. Then I made a tofu scramble with my homemade JL-EGG. Also awesome. So I decided it was time to try out the JL-EGG as an omelet.Looks like it’s going to work, doesn’t it? Well, it didn’t. It didn’t firm up. I couldn’t flip it. But it tasted divine! I used black salt this time – hello “egg”-ier tasting vegan egg! I scooped the scramble into a tortilla with guacamole – lemonade out of lemons, people – and enjoyed a fabulous breakfast wrap.