This morning, at 1:00 a.m., I had a shot of whiskey.
Hours before that, I looked like this…
…a super-excited, happy woman about to co-host her first vegan dining extravaganza at a non-vegetarian restaurant!
I don’t quite look like that now. But I still have a grin from ear to ear and I was delighted to slam down a shot with the chef following a culinary evening that rocked my world. The event at Flow Bar + Restaurant clearly deserves a big, robust post and that will come later this week. Today, let me give you a tiny glimpse into the night.
I will share photos and descriptions of each course in a future post but how about a look at the inspired dessert that Chef Zachary Pelliccio created?
The evening, the food, the huge crowd – it all surpassed my wildest imagination! More on the event later this week – I promise!
This week’s vegan links and news
Since I’m experiencing a vegan foodie weekend, this week’s links are for the foodies!
- Smoothies, vegan style from Philly.com
- Kalamazoo vegan, vegetarian restaurant Fuel provides fresh, raw and meat-ish food from MLive.com (Michigan)
- Going vegan, family style: New vegan fare makes an animal-free diet tastier than ever from The Denver Post
- Eating vegan in SouthCoast: More restaurants are accommodating from SouthCoastToday.com (Massachusetts)
- Superfood Bar brings vegan options to Magazine Street from NOLA.com (New Orleans)
Mark your calendar!
- May 27: Veggie Pride Parade NYC 2012, New York, NY
- June 2: Veggie Pride – Chicago, Chicago, IL
- June 9: 2nd Annual VegFest Houston, Houston, TX
- June 9: Flagler County’s first-ever Vegan Fest, Flagler Beach, FL
- June 16 – 17: The Seed Vegan Expo, New York, NY
- June 27 – July 3: 38th Vegetarian Summerfest, Johnstown, PA
- July 1: First Annual Victoria Vegan Fest, Victoria, BC
- July 7: Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary July Jamboree, Woodstock, NY
- July 19 – 23: National Health Association: Healthy Living Conference, Hallandale Beach, FL
- August 2 – 5: Animal Rights 2012 National Conference, Washington, DC
- August 2 – 4: BlogHer ’12, New York, NY
Are you organizing an upcoming vegan event? Send me the details!
This week on the blogs
- TUESDAY: Cashew Cream Tofu
- THURSDAY: Vegan Thursday at Whole Foods + An Easy Kale and Lentil Salad
- SATURDAY: The 6+ hour drive (!!!) to vegan delights
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today!
I’m heading out for a trail run in beautiful Jim Thorpe, PA before heading home to New York this afternoon. Enjoy your Sunday!