Yesterday I was craving raw food all day. When I got home I opened up the fridge to discover that it was definitely time to grocery shop. Though the shelves were bare, I managed to come up with a fast, easy and crunchy dinner.
Shredded Apple and Veggie Salad with Goji Berry Dressing
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the salad
- 1 apple, cored and quartered
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 kale stems
For the dressing
- 2 T avocado oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Shred the apple, carrots, celery and kale stems in a food processor.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Pour dressing over the shredded fruit and vegetable and toss.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
It was great for breakfast this morning, too!
Have a wonderful Saturday! Back tomorrow with vegan news you can use!