Wednesday I posted a quick salad recipe starring chickpeas and co-starring nuts and seeds. I also prepared a dish featuring the adored garbanzo bean for a cooking demo earlier in the week so I had a bowl the leftover legumes in the refrigerator; I made this quick salad and it’s now a new quick and easy favorite!
Zesty Chickpea Salad
JL Fields | JLgoesVegan.com
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- Dulse flakes and black pepper, to taste
- In a big bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Serve on bread for a sandwich or over lettuce for a hearty salad.
YIELD: Serves 2
Zesty Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Zesty Chickpea Salad over Romaine Lettuce