I can’t believe that last Sunday early morning, I was sitting on a couch in New York and this morning I’m sitting on a couch in Colorado. Things that are the same in this scenario: coffee, cats, fireplace. One big thing that is different: there’s a mountain outside my window!
I had fun sharing the road trip with you this week (links below) and next week I’ll share posts on how I’m managing in the kitchen with very few utensils, as well as my vegan dining adventures in my new city. For now, how about some vegan news?
This week’s vegan links and news
- I suppose this is vegan news. Allegedly Ellen Degeneres is no longer vegan as she mentioned getting eggs from her next door neighbor, who raises “happy” chickens.. There were lots of thoughts shared on Facebook, Twitter and on blogs. I thought this letter, written by Jasmin Singer and Mariann Sullivan, founders of Our Hen House, was fantastic: Dear Ellen: Let Us Tell You Something About “Happy”. Their follow-up commentary on the issue and the backlash to their letter is worth a listen on yesterday’s podcast: Episode 151: “New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled the humiliating question arises ‘Why then are you not taking part in them?’”.
- I love it when “mainstream” food sites offer posts such as this one: 6 Reasons to Give Veganism a Try
- I have made it known that I am not a gluten-free vegan. But some of you are, so here you go: Seven tips for gluten-free vegans
- From the Dalai Lama: ‘It’s Best to Go Vegetarian’
- In the kitchen, Tal Ronnen offers some advice: Putting Taste in Vegan Cooking
- Uh Oh. L’Oréal buys vegan beauty brand Urban Decay. I know a lot of vegans who use Urban Decay (me, me!) and are opposed to L’Oreal products because they still conduct animal testing. This is a serious bummer. Do you use Urban Decay? What will you do?
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
SATURDAY: Home! (JL goes Vegan in Colorado)
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today!
Back in a few days with some pressure cooking fun!