Before I share a super-fast and delicious meal with you, let’s take care of a little business:
- I am happy to announce that we have four winners of a day-pass to The Seed! Congratulations to Melissa, Ilana, Ivory and Jessica! (I sent each of you an email with instructions on how to obtain your ticket.) Didn’t win? You can still get 10% of tickets here!
- Yesterday in my I Eat Plants column on LoHud.com I shared my Top 3 Reasons Why I Love My Pressure Cooker. Please check it out and share your thoughts!
Back to food.
“Meaty” Lentil & Veggie Mac
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Filtered water
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni (I used gluten-free quinoa pasta)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Red and green pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- Onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup Tofurky “Ground Beef”
- 2 cups cooked lentils (I made mine in a homemade no-sodium vegetable broth)
- Red pepper flakes and dry rosemary and oregano, to taste
- Parma! vegan Parmesan cheese
- Make pasta according to directions.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. Saute the peppers and onions for a few minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes, oregano and rosemary.
- Crumble the Tofurky ground “beef” into the skillet and saute for a minute or so.
- Add the lentils, stir, cover and simmer on low for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, top with Parma (or your favorite vegan Parmesan cheese) and stir.
This was a really fun meal to prepare. It was quick, easy and we simply used ingredients we had on hand. I hope you try it!