Yesterday Dave and I spent the day in Denver. We met a friend of his from high school, who he hasn’t seen in over 20 years, for lunch.
She’s a vegetarian so City O’ City seemed like the perfect meeting place. We all shared the off-the-hook buffalo wings (seitan) and I ordered the El Jefe burger, vegan-style, with onion rings.
After lunch we went to movie (we never go to movies, must remedy that) and saw Silver Linings Playbook – loved it. From there we went to a local bookstore and picked up a few maps and books on Colorado. Then it was time to meet, for the first time, Heather of Better with Veggies. She and her husband graciously invited us to their home for dinner.
We were treated to a delicious vegan Tourtière and kale salad and we brought Cheesy Dip with Cashews and Capers with veggies and bread and City O’ City’s version of a vegan hostess cupcake. We had such a great time and look forward to more food and fun with our new friends!
Now, on to the news…
This week’s vegan links and news
- Animal rescuers, read up! Tax breaks for pet foster parents…make sure you claim yours
- Do you want to help feral cats in your neighborhood? Don’t miss this 1/9/13 webinar: Helping Cats in Your Community
- Veganism is a religion (???)
- TONIGHT! The Cooking Channel Is Taking Vegan Mainstream (Hopefully) With Jason Wrobel’s “How To Live To 100″
- Vegan seafood? We’ve had the “calamari” and it’s delicious! Sophie’s Kitchen Announces New Plant Based Vegan Seafood
- Always a sucka for hip, I’m feeling like I need this: There Is A Vegan Spice Mixture Called “Hipster Dust”
- The New York Times offers A Vegan Resolution (with five recipes)
- Easy Resolutions for a Healthy Vegan New Year
- (Allegedly) Raw Marinated Mushrooms and Kale with Walnut Cheese
- Black Eye Burger (The Easiest Veggie Burger Recipe Ever!)
- 20 Tasty Ways to Cash in on Grains and Beans
- Don’t miss my January newsletter: Go Vegan With JL: Ideas For a More Plant-Based 2013, which includes a recipe for Country Fried Seitan! (Not on my email list? Sign up here.)
- Get $50 off one vegan lifestyle coaching session or $100 off one month of coaching (3 sessions). Sign up by January 9, 2103!
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
TUESDAY: 2013: Let’s go vegan! (50% off one session or $100 off one month of vegan lifestyle coaching) OFFER ENDS JANUARY 9 – ACT NOW!
SATURDAY: Quick Vegan Pepperoni Tortilla Pizza
Stop Chasing Skinny
MONDAY: Your Stories in 2012
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today.