On this Sunday morning I’m looking at the clouds out over the mountains and the hills. For the first time since moving to Colorado we’re expecting a blizzard. While that normally sounds lovely on a Sunday, we’re really hoping everyone is getting it wrong. Because today I’m going to be officiating a wedding! Yes, new readers, not only did JL go Vegan, she also went Reverend.
Friday we had the rehearsal in the Garden of the Gods …
…that’s Pikes Peak, that you can’t see, under the clouds.
Later that night we attended a fundraising event. I donated a Plant-Based 101 package.
The package included:
- One 60-minute personal coaching session with certified vegan lifestyle coach and educator JL Fields, value $100
- One copy of the nutrition book Vegan for Life, value $17
- One copy of the cookbook Let Them Eat Vegan, value $20
- One copy of the cookbook Vegan Soul Kitchen, value $19
- One copy of the cookbook Ani’s Raw Food Essentials, value $19
- One Go Vegan with JL tote bag, value $16
My item was bid upon! I helped an organization raise money and I’ll get to work with someone who may want to go more plant-based – double win! (Thanks to my publisher, Da Capo Press, for donating the books!)
Last night we went to the Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group MeetUp 3rd Annual Italian Potluck (vegan).
I took my Mediterranean Beans with Greens (I used chickpeas).
The spread was amazing.
This isn’t even everything!
I loaded up my plate.
Salad, pasta, pizza, kale chips, antipasto, oh my! Such a great meal!
This was my second vegan potluck in the Springs and I am hooked. Folks around here know how to dish up some delicious vegan eats! If you haven’t joined a local vegan MeetUp I really encourage you to do it (and if there isn’t one in your area, start one!). It’s such a great way to meet new friends and to sample delicious vegan eats!
I have announcements!
- Colorado Springs-area vegans and veg-curious friends, I added an April vegan lifestyle class to my teaching schedule! Sign up now (hurry, the March class sold out!): Beyond Meatless Mondays: Dive Deeper into Plant-Based Living. I’m keeping this class small, group coaching-style, so register soon!
- My February coaching special is still going on! You have FOUR MORE DAYS to get 30% off one month of vegan lifestyle coaching!
- My fundraiser for Our Hen House continues! If you’re a regular listener to the fabulous podcast or read the daily posts on the online magazine, you know what a valuable resource Our Hen House is to vegans. Please give!
This week’s vegan links and news
- Vegan virtues: Diet is difficult yet rewarding (featuring yours truly!)
- Wolfgang Puck’s 2013 Oscar Menu Includes Vegan Options
- Winemaking raises some issues for vegans
- Japan’s vegetarians stay in the closet
- Do we still really need to eat meat at all?
- Compassion in Fashion (video):
- Meatless Market launches in London: New store offers vegetarian alternatives
- Local Family Tells the Benefits of Going Vegan
- This is a thing? I had no idea! Are You Ready for No Meat March?
- That Vegan Thing: Hankering for a tuna sandwich? Chickpeas to the rescue (be sure to check out my version of a not-tuna salad!)
- Ask the Diet Doctor: Can a Vegan Diet Prevent Cancer?
- The Vegan-for-a-Week Challenge: How to Survive and Thrive
- Nacho Supreme Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Chip Cookies
- Wintry Mushroom, Kale, and Quinoa Enchiladas
- CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA WITH BLACK MUNG BEAN CURRY
- Hummus-Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
- Mobile App to Report Animal Cruelty
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today.