Hello from Bridgeport, CT! My husband is competing in a triathlon this morning and I’m cheering him on from the
Post-race, we are going to a vegetarian restaurant for a big brunch; I’ll share all the details with you later this week. Enjoy your Sunday and be sure to check out the vegan news I found of interest this week!
This week’s vegan links and news
- Vegan options are springing up in Charlotte: Smorgasbord of cultures stirs up taste, change
Vegans are welcome on holistic voyages: Cruising toward health on the high seas
- Can’t get enough of vegan ice cream: Dream Kream Vegan Ice Cream
The Vegg made Wired! How cool is that? What the Cluck? Introducing the Vegan Egg Yolk
Oh, PETA, you are ornery and fabulous: PETA offers to help TUSD budget shortfall with vegan ads at lunch
- Bittman says we should “move to the vegan end” of the spectrum. I could not agree more. Get on over here, Mark, we’re waiting for you! Bittman: Dark and leafy suddenly hip and trendy
- Bianca, of Vegan Crunk blogging fame, has a new cookbook out! Bianca Phillips’ Cookin’ Crunk: Eatin’ Vegan in the Dirty South
- Whatever it takes: 2012 Poll Shows Baby Boomers Go Vegetarian for Health Benefits
- Love that they have a “beet” reporter: Three Cool Raw Vegan Soups for the Hottest Days of Summer
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
TUESDAY: My new role at Our Hen House
WEDNESDAY: My Interview on The Starter Vegan is live!
THURSDAY: Oops, I ate egg and cheese. (Turns out, I’m not a “perfect” vegan) Also on Thursday, on Elephant Journal: The Vegan Kitchen: Cook beans in bulk to save time & money.
My Back to School Special is still going on! Don’t miss this chance to receive 20% off my coaching services in September!
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today!