Curry Heights, Brooklyn, NY
Harry’s Burritos, Larchmont, NY
Red Barn Bakery, Irvington, NY
My social life currently revolves around meals out with friends – a foodie farewell tour, if you will – as we count down to the move (two weeks from tomorrow!). Today is no exception, as I am having lunch in Manhattan with the graduates of the second Main Street Vegan Academy (I am proud to be among the first vegan lifestyle coaches from the inaugural training!). As I continue eating my way through the tri-state region I will leave you with this week’s news!
This week’s vegan links and news
- Vegan Hedonism (I love John Schlimm)
- PETA is busy! They gave Honey Boo Boo ‘Not a Nugget’ Power, for Thanksgiving, they ask Would You Eat Your Dog? and, in honor of the legalization of marijuana in Washington (and Colorado!) they Say No! To Pot(roast).
- Holiday advice: Vegan Thanksgiving Preparedness: How To Talk About Your Diet Without Sounding Preachy
- In New York a new vegan restaurant is coming to Manhattan: Is New York Ready for The Butcher’s Daughter? and here are the Top 10 Amazing Vegan Eats in NYC and LA according to Jasmin Singer and Andrea Wachner. In Arizona, NYPD Pizza introduces vegan, gluten-free options.
- Mama needs a new pair of (vegan) shoes: Vegas goes veggie with National Vegan Month
- A news anchor goes vegan: Natural Foodie: Making the vegan switch proved to be a win-win-win
- Finally, here are 5 Reasons to go Vegan.
This week on the blogs
JL goes Vegan
Stop Chasing Skinny
Have you stopped chasing skinny? Submit your story today!
I’ll be back this week with more snapshots from the foodie farewell tour!